During Fun Day boys from across the school raised money for eight charities chosen by the School Council. Every form ran their own stall selling all manner of treats, ranging from temporary tattoos to milkshakes, mocktails and waffles.
Boys could test a range of skills, play games and face challenges to win great, mostly edible prizes. “Soak the Teacher” was as popular as ever, although perhaps not with Mrs Brownsdon, Mr Gardner and Mr Brook! The grand total raised, in just one hour (!) was £3466.87.
Here are the charities which will be benefiting from the boys’ efforts:
- Look (helping blind children)
- Water Aid
- Parkinsons UK
- SELSAR (South East London Search and Rescue)
- Starlight Children's Foundation (Granting wishes to seriously and terminally ill children and entertaining over half a million children every year in hospitals and hospices throughout the UK)
- Orphans in Need
- Prisoners of Conscience (Helping people who have been put in prison for holding political or religious views that are not tolerated in the state in which they live.)
- Grande Synthe Refugee Camp, Dunkirk
- Chain of Hope (Providing heart surgery for children in war torn or impoverished countries)