Dulwich Prep London (”DPL”) was founded in 1885 and is a preparatory school for boys aged 3 – 13 located in Dulwich, South East London. There are currently around 835 boys in the school.
The governing board of DPL is looking to recruit someone who has experience as a senior leader with a background in finance, audit and risk management who would become a governor and a member of DPL’s Finance Committee. Parents of current pupils of DPL are not eligible to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to attend full governors’ meetings, of which there are at least six a year, and an annual ‘away day’. In addition to these meetings, there are at least three Finance Committee meetings a year, and governors are asked to undertake ad-hoc visits to the school and attend events.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send applications by email to Mrs. Caroline Skillings, Clerk to the Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 23rd of May 2023. Your application should include a statement of why you would like to be considered plus a full c.v.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have a qualification in accountancy or an equivalent (such as an appropriate MBA);
- Have a working knowledge of financial systems for recording and reporting, including experience of day to day financial management;
- Have worked as a senior finance director or auditor or in comparable roles;
- Have experience of working on or with a Board or management committee;
- Have a curious and enquiring approach in order to provide appropriate challenge to current ways of working, thinking and delivery;
- Have the ability to think and act strategically in assisting DPL to set and deliver on its objectives;
- Be able to demonstrate integrity, high ethical standards and sound judgment;
- Have good interpersonal, listening and communication skills and the ability to engage with other members of the governing board, the Head Master, the Bursar and the staff of DPL;
- Act in the best interest of DPL and its current and future pupils;
- Maintain absolute confidentiality concerning all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of governors’ responsibilities to DPL, and ensure compliance with the conflicts of interest policy;
- Have an understanding of the legal duties and responsibilities of a trustee;
- Have an understanding and experience of the Charity SORP.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our school. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, and believe that a diverse governing body will help us better serve our pupils and our community.
Safeguarding and Recruitment Vetting Checks:
The safety and wellbeing of our pupils is of the utmost importance to us. All successful applicants will be required to undergo a range of safeguarding and recruitment vetting checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check in accordance with our safeguarding policies and procedures.