The Forty Years On Lunch

The Forty Years On Lunch

Saturday September 28th was Open Morning for prospective parents. A few Old Boys took the opportunity to come and look around the school which, after so much refurbishment since their time here, was much changed!  From noon, Old Boys who had left the school between 1941 and 1979, gathered for the annual Forty Years On lunch in the pavilion at Gallery Road. Much to everyone’s delight Geoffrey Douglas-Hiley, now an in-Pensioner at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, came in his ‘Scarlets’. Members of staff and the new Head Master, Louise Davidson, arrived to join them for welcome drinks. Seated at round tables, the Old Boys listened as Miss Davidson introduced herself and then invited them back to Alleyn Park for Christmas in December.  The pavilion was filled with cheerful chatter as conversation flowed during a delicious lunch; a very jolly occasion enjoyed by all.